Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fun Weekend

Hi everybody.  Hope that you had a good weekend.  I sure did.  It started out with a party Friday night at our church.  We honored a dear man that is retiring as the President of a Large Bible College in the Sacramento Area.  The bible college is celebrating its 70th year this year. The college was started by our church in 1939. My husband graduated from there in 2008.  The food at the party was simply delicious.  It was prepared by a friend of mine and her daughter and son in law (recent graduates of the Johnson-Wales cooking school in Rhode Island),  It was like eating in a 5-Star restaurant. The pumpkin creme brulee was my favorite (wait, maybe it was the stuffed mushrooms, I can't decide...hahaha)  Then Saturday my mom and I went Christmas "boutiquing"  It was so much fun.  We met my husband, son and daughter and daughter's boyfriend for lunch.  Then it was more shopping until mom had to go.  My husband took me to a large church Christmas boutique later and then we did some "thrifting".  We ended the evening by going to the movies to see "A Christmas Carol" with Jim Carrey starring.  We really enjoyed it and it got us in the Christmas mood.  Speaking of Christmas.  The picture above is from my Country Sampler magazine.  Can't wait til I can start decorating for Christmas.  Today was a  beautiful day as well.  Tonight I made  turkey sandwiches and we had  pumpkin pie for dessert. (the pumpkin pie is not sitting with me too well at the moment. lol)...  Have a great Monday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment