Sunday, January 3, 2010


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Happy New Year Everybody!!  I apologize that it has been so long since I last posted. This has been a busy past 6 weeks.   One of my New Year's Resolutions is to blog on a more regular basis. I will try for 4-5 times a week.  I hope that everyone had a safe and joyous Christmas and New Years.  We were all sick at our house, and are still trying to recover.  I was the culprit and "brought" the nasty cold home....on the last day of school (the first day of my 2-week vacation).  I was sick, not bad though, for 3-4 days.  I still  managed to get everything ( the shopping, decorating, card-writing, baking, wrapping etc.) done before Christmas.  Then, the day before Christmas my husband got sick and then the next morning my son got sick.  They started to feel much better in the afternoon.  Even with two "puny" sick people, my parents still extended a gracious  invitation to join the whole family at their home  for Christmas Eve dinner & presents  (if "the sickies" stayed "a safe distance away").  hahaha.  We kind of "quarantined" them to an area. hahaha.   My Christmas "miracle" was that my husband felt well enough to attend Christmas Eve services at our church.  That was very special to me.  Instead of the two trips that we had planned over the holidays, we ended up staying close to home.  We felt like we would keep our "germs" to ourselves, and not infect our loved ones.  But it was kind of lonely.  My husband was nice and took me on some day "jaunts" to check out some antique stores.  We managed to take a trip to the ocean on New Years Eve and end the day with a coffee drink from Borders book store on the drive home..  Yay!!  We saw a few movies, "It's Complicated" and "Young Victoria".  They were both wonderful!!!  I managed to purchase the game "Wii Fit Plus" for the Wii.  I will begin my new "fitness program" tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  I also begin my Weigh Down Workshop program tomorrow.  2010 will be the year to "get fit again".     I have been "sleeping-in"  till 9 every morning on my vacation, so when 6 AM "rolls" around tomorrow, I predict that it "won't be pretty". hahaha :) I got the cold"back" from my husband (because we "share" everything) so now I've got this annoying cold again.  darn.....Oh well....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by. It's always a little harder to get back into the routine after having fun over vacation.

    Hope you're enjoying a great start to the new year!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit to my blog.

    Too bad you were had sickness in the house around Christmas time, but glad you got out and about a bit.

    We have had so much snow here (much more than usual) that I have not got out walking yet, but hopefully the thaw is on it's way.

    ReplyDelete