Friday, February 24, 2012

Mercury Glass Craft

I saw this idea in Martha Stewart Living to make your own Mercury Glass and really want to try it. Besides looking really simple to do, I love that I can upcycle my old clear vases into a little arrangement that looks nice, like this:
All you need is a couple of clear vases or votives, a spray bottle with water and mirror paint. You can get the mirror paint from Krylon.
Clean your vase or votive then cover the exteriors with paper. Spray the interiors lightly with water and then with mirror paint. Turn upside down to dry overnight and then repeat if too sheer. When finished, if you want to use it for flowers, just make sure to put them in a glass and then place glass in vase. Done! This would be a really inexpensive way to dress up a table for a party or a mantle for the Holidays!
I love this idea! I definitely have a thing for mercury glass

No comments:

Post a Comment