Thursday, February 16, 2012

Curio Cabinet Treasures

The pictures below are things that I have in my curio cabinet.  There is a special meaning to each one of them.
This is a precious picture of my mom and dad in the 50's.  My son's remarkable resemblence to my dad in this picture makes this a very special photo to me.
 This early 1900's pocket watch was a gift to my husband from his father when my husband graduated.
 These old bibles were gifts from my mother-in-law.  They belonged to my husband's grandparents and great-grandparents.
 Pictured sitting on top of this altered box is a picture of my "grandaddy" as a baby.  The flag he is holding says "1914"...the year that he was born.  It is very special to me.
 Pictured above is a wedding photo of my mother-in-law and father-in-law.  In front of the picture is a silver,sequined purse from my mother-in-law.  I just love it.:)
 The  above photo  is a family picture given to me by my mother-in-law. The picture is standing in a metal "frog" that belongs to  my grandma.
 These cute, french poodles were a gift from my mother-in-law. They belonged to her grandmother.
 These are old bottles that I have collected from various antique shops. 
The bird in a cloche is sitting on top of a silver candy dish that was a gift from my mother-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment